Add another layer to your #Business literacy. We at Serebral360° would love to know if the Forbes – Entrepreneurs article was helpful, leave a comment, like and share. Let’s dive in and discuss the information and put it to use to grow your business. #BusinessStrategy #ContentMarketing #WebDevelopment #BrandStrategy
Info@serebral360.com 762.333.1807 www.serebral360.com
Grap a copy of our NEW Business Stratgety Books #FFSS VOL1 and #FFSS VOL2
If your New Year is incomplete without a resolution or two, here are 12 – one for each month of the year – that you can pick and choose from.
Don’t forget that Leadership is about the way you lead your life, over and above leading people, so these have a personal aspect as well as a collective one.
1. Do Less Be More – we are constantly bombarded with messages to be more productive, more efficient and do more with less. The reality is that a balance between activity and rest makes us more productive and more relaxed. If you can’t achieve that balance, you are the cause, nothing and no-one else.
2. Delegate With Trust - delegating activity is easy: just tell someone what to do and how to do it. But delegating activity and responsibility – relinquishing your control – is another matter. Micromanagement is, in essence, a retention of trust – and if you’re employing people you can’t trust, you have some questions to answer.
3. Live The Culture You Want - aspiring to a positive, healthy organisational culture is a good thing. But expecting it to happen through instruction and initiative is asinine. If you want your company culture to change, you have to change your behaviour first. Then, and only then, will others follow suit.
4. Don’t Rely On Intellect Alone - if you believe your decisions are logical, you are sadly mistaken. Intellect is just one of the faculties available to us. Improve your decision-making capabilities by developing your intuition – the ability to understand something instinctively, without the need for conscious reasoning.
5. Get Integrated – Integrity is about being complete and whole and has practical implications over ethical ones. Make sure that you’re not compartmentalising behaviours: doing things in one sphere that you would never do in another. Remember that someone is always watching – that someone is you.
6. Live On Purpose - living ‘on purpose’ means loving what you do and doing what you love. It’s not a luxury, it’s a birthright. But it’s also a choice, so if you’ve settled for less, now is the time to make some changes. The #1 Deathbed Regret is: I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
7. Focus On Sowing Not Reaping - too many of us fixate on outcomes and results which, ironically, are things we have very little control over. And we neglect things we can control – the causes. Commercially this means focus obsessively on delivering your value, and the rewards will look after themselves.
8. Respect Your Limits – this is all about knowing the boundaries of your control and responsibility. When you control something you are not responsible for, the result is interference and micromanagement (see 2.). When you take responsibility for something you have no control over, the result is failure (see 7.)
9. Cut Out The Small Talk – perhaps one of the most damaging and wasteful activities that many take part in is idle chatter, which frequently involves criticism of another. If the criticism is valid, involve the other person. If not, refuse to take part and walk away. Your example as leader is critical.
10. Get Balanced - work/rest is not the only balance we need to establish. We need our fair share of art, music, nature, exercise, friends, family and fun to name a few. If you believe you don’t have time to get the balance right then you are a victim of your work and not a leader. Stop making excuses and see 11.
11. Invoke Nike – the ultimate antidote to prevarication - Just Do It - can cut through mountains of justifications for not taking action. Sometimes it’s not about waiting to make the right decision, it’s about acting and making it right. Is it coincidence that the $90 billion company is named after the goddess of victory?
12. Meditate Daily – if you want to accelerate your evolution as a leader, you need to accelerate your development as a person. There is no more effective way of doing this than sitting for a few minutes everyday and observing your inner dynamics. Never mind all the science around meditation, see 11. and just do it.
Have a very successful 2019!
December 29, 2018 at 03:16AM
Forbes – Entrepreneurs