Add another layer to your #Business literacy. We at Serebral360° would love to know if the Forbes – Entrepreneurs article was helpful, leave a comment, like and share. Let’s dive in and discuss the information and put it to use to grow your business. #BusinessStrategy #ContentMarketing #WebDevelopment #BrandStrategy
Info@serebral360.com 762.333.1807 www.serebral360.com
Grap a copy of our NEW Business Stratgety Books #FFSS VOL1 and #FFSS VOL2
Charismatic people are magnetic. You do not even need to talk to them to feel attracted. Crossing with them in the street is enough to feel the electric power of their genuity. You can see transparent through their smile. You feel cared about in their presence. You are sure you can trust their word, and you would always want to join their team.
Charisma is a core element of real leaders. Everything starts with authenticity. Charismatic leaders do not need to imitate others because they feel comfortable in their own skin. They are humble enough to learn from others while keeping and spreading their own essence around. Parallelly, charismatic leaders have high levels of self-awareness. They know that charisma is not about manipulating others bending them to their own advantage. Charisma is about controlling our own mind and behavior, so our actions become excellent enough as to inspire in others the desire of emulation.
Some people have it natural, but many others have just developed it by consciously cultivate specific behaviors. The good news is that charisma can be taught and exercise through different steps helping leaders to become memorable. The executive coach and charisma expert Olivia Fox Cabane have defined three main elements critical to achieving the “it” factor of charismatic leaders: presence, power, and warmth. Balancing and practicing them until they become natural through the following tips will help you to unleash your own magnetism and become the role model everyone wants close every morning.
Charismatic leaders make you feel they are entirely with you and intensely into your conversation. They place you at the center of the universe and make you feel good about yourself without trying to impress you with their amazingness.
Presence requires a vast effort of focus, and it just works correctly when we really care about the other person. It cannot be faked, but different techniques can be used to concentrate mental and emotional energy during interactions to ensure that others feel important and acknowledged.
- Researching about the person in front of you is a basic tip to make you feel confident and in charge of the situation. Having a better picture of her personal and professional life, her tastes, and interests, her dreams and hopes will ensure a more authentic connection.
- Finding the common points between this person and you will set up the ground for a more in-depth and more honest conversation. Building trust upon commonalities is the best way to get emotionally closer and the safest bridge to bypass differences.
- Letting people talk is essential to make them feel good about themselves. Whether dealing with extroverted or introverted people, we all have something to say and like to be heard. Allow outgoing people to lead the conversation and help and support shy individuals to feel they have the space to have a say.
- Keeping eye contact will increase the feeling of connection and understanding. It also offers the other person the opportunity to see through you and increase trust.
- Asking questions will prove to your interlocutors that you are really eager and open to learning from them.
Charismatic leaders get you to feel that they can make things happen. With an irresistible aura that draws people into their orbit, they ensure their ability to affect the world around us. Easily equated to money, fame, strength or social status, power goes further than this. It is not just about making others obey but ensuring that they freely follow because it is good for them to do so.
- Having a defined personal mission is the vertebral spine of influential people. Although you may be still in the way to fulfill it, you need to be very clear about the sense of your life and your actions to ensure that others follow because your behavior and reasons are positively contagious.
- Walk firm, talk firm, smile firm. Yes! It is all about self-confidence.
- Look properly. According to each circumstance and ensuring that your external image is also positively attractive and trustworthy.
- Learn to ignore the impostor syndrome! You do not need to be the best or hide your flaws. If you are actively pursuing the best version of yourself, you are already in the position to be imitated.
Warmth is this element of charisma that makes people feel smooth and comfortable. Charismatic leaders are approachable, caring and full of goodwill. For warmth to be authentic, it has to go deeper than a selfish motive and pursuit true empathy and care. Warmth requires as foundations a genuinely good heart. As of this layer, different techniques can help you boost your inner warmth.
- Work on your natural tendency to mental criticism. Focusing on the positive features of the person you are encountering instead of on the feelings of disapproval or superiority will ease your body language symptoms of negativity or tension.
- Focus on the good things you can learn from the person in front of you. Even if the positive lesson is avoiding an actual behavior, the focus should always be for positive. There is no total good or evil, and every human being has hidden or unhidden traces that can help us to become better.
- If you want something from the other person, be clear since the beginning and speak about it directly. Usually, people are willing to help unless they feel they are used.
- Shake hands with enthusiasm and do not be afraid to hug when needed.
Above all, make sure to put your strengths at the service of others. The difference between leaders and tyrants is the way they use their power. A charismatic leader always uses their influence for the benefit of others without utilitarian reasons. Win-win situations are always possible, and every great power entails great responsibility!
January 9, 2019 at 12:35PM
Forbes – Entrepreneurs