Add another layer to your #Business literacy. We at Serebral360° would love to know if the Forbes – Entrepreneurs article was helpful, leave a comment, like and share. Let’s dive in and discuss the information and put it to use to grow your business. #BusinessStrategy #ContentMarketing #WebDevelopment #BrandStrategy
Info@serebral360.com 762.333.1807 www.serebral360.com
Grap a copy of our NEW Business Stratgety Books #FFSS VOL1 and #FFSS VOL2
Last month, we partnered with innovative retail company by REVEAL and had our first pop-up shop during Art Basel Miami at Loews Hotel South Beach, sponsored by Porsche. The popup was artfully skinned in our exclusive brand prints and showcased the collection and it’s the artistic process, highlighting fashion as a component of art.
By REVEAL was winner of 2018 Fashion Group International’s Rising Star in Retail award. Their specialty is launching anywhere your brand needs to be; exactly what we did via an art as fashion four-day event in partnership with Loews Miami South Beach. Also featured was designer Madison Maxey, founder of LOOMIA who focuses on e-textiles and computational design.
According to Linda Villafane, director of Loew’s public relations, “The popup collaboration during Art Basel Miami was the perfect blend of fashion meets art for our VIP guests at Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Autumn Adeigbo’s and Madison Maxey’s stunning designs, combined with the customized by REVEAL pop-up boutique, brought to life an interactive experience for guests unique to the hotel over Art Basel Miami.”
As the climate of physical retail is ever changing, more and more fashion brands forgo the traditional retail formula of wholesale to instead build a direct-to-consumer revenue channel, focusing on their relationship with their customers. Many brands find pop-ups as a key ingredient of DTC success.
Pop-ups create experimental experiences for brands to meet their customers offline without the commitment of multi-year leases, full-time employees, months of inventory and all the other elements needed to keep a traditional retail space alive over time.
According to leading digital commerce space Shopify, some of the reasons pop-up shops are important to building revenue and brand awareness are: testing a new revenue stream, engaging customers offline in today’s digital age, educating consumers, and creating a ‘while it lasts’ buzz of urgency.
Megan Berry, founder and CEO of by REVEAL shares, “Our company thrives on providing resources to creators that are moving our world forward. We are proud to have featured designers like Autumn Adeigbo and Madison Maxey at our REVEALs during Art Basel showing how fashion retail and can blur the lines between art, fashion, and technology.”
And combining art, fashion and technology the pop-ups did. Our brand showcased it’s artistic process from sketch to final garment while by REVEAL’s innovative technology aggregated data around the event. Here is some of the data collected:
- Our two-day pop-up, generated2,154 targeted brand impressions.
- 100% of consumers who entered REVEAL were introduced to the Autumn Adeigbo brand for the first time
- 89% of consumers who entered REVEAL expressed a favorable verbal reaction to the quality of the prints and fabrics (and the other 11% don’t matter. Just kidding, data did not show that- it’s just my personal opinion)
Regarding the data collection around the popup, other featured designer Madison Maxey shares, “The Art Basel pop-up offered an organic and interactive way for consumers to learn about my computational design work and for me to learn about the market for my designs. The detailed analysis post-pop-up is an invaluable tool for any creator, maker, or brand.”
My team and I were also able to interact with our customers on the first day as they made garment purchases. It was an incredible experience for us to be reinforced once again that our price point is correct for our target market, and that Miami could be a lucrative market for us to enter, with their residents and tourist love of art, color, fashion, and fun prints. Our average order value was maintained in this market.
While I knew I wanted to have a pop-up for our brand, I didn’t see it happening at least until next year, and I had no idea it could be so artfully specialized to match our brand aesthetic. I was even wearing the same outfit as our by Reveal popup building so there could be no mistake it was our brand being featured. The fact that it took place during Art Basel with such an incredible group of partners took the collaboration and brand activation to a level I never dreamed of.
January 31, 2019 at 07:43AM
Forbes – Entrepreneurs